WELS School Accreditation (WELSSA) is a process in which the school evaluates its current education practices and seeks sound methods to build on its strengths and determine new ways to grow and strengthen the educational ministry of the school for the benefit of the students and parents to the glory of God.
There are 145 WELS schools currently accredited and 15 schools in candidacy, that is, working through the accreditation process for the first time.
WELSSA is a sanctioned member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
Read more about the WELSSA accreditation process by downloading the documents on this page.
Paul Patterson, WELSSA executive director
Abby Truss, WELSSA support specialist
National Council for Private School Accreditation
Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation
The Annual School Accreditation Report (ASAR) and School Improvement Plan (SIP) is due June 30. You can download the report directions/template below and pay the report fee at the Purchasing Center beginning March 1.
Congratulations to all of our newly accredited schools!
- Christ our Redeemer Lutheran School – Aurora, CO
- Paul’s Lutheran School – East Troy, WI
- Crown of Life Christian Academy – Fort Atkinson, WI
- King of Kings Lutheran School – Garden Grove, CA
- Paul’s Lutheran School – Howards Grove, WI
- John’s Lutheran School – Lomira, WI
- Immanuel Lutheran School – Manitowoc, WI
- John’s Lutheran School – Mukwonago, WI
- Redeemer Lutheran School – Tucson, AZ
- Kingdom Prep Lutheran High School – Wauwatosa, WI
- John’s Lutheran School – Watertown, WI
- 2.03 MB File Size
- 6 File Count
- December 22, 2020 Last Updated