WELS School Accreditation
WELS School Accreditation (WELSSA) is a process in which the school evaluates its current education practices and seeks sound methods to build on its strengths and determine new ways to grow and strengthen the educational ministry of the school for the benefit of the students and parents to the glory of God.
There are 155 WELS schools currently accredited and 11 schools in candidacy, that is, working through the accreditation process for the first time.
WELSSA is a sanctioned member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
Read more about the WELSSA accreditation process by downloading the documents on this page.
Paul Patterson, WELSSA executive director
Abby Truss, WELSSA support specialist
[email protected], 414-256-3221
National Council for Private School Accreditation
Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation
Congratulations to all of our newly accredited schools for 2022-23!
- Bethlehem Lutheran School – Hortonville, WI
- Holy Cross Lutheran School – Madison, WI
- Redeemer Lutheran School – Fond du Lac, WI
- St. John Lutheran School – Waterloo, WI
- St. John Lutheran School – Wrightstown, WI
- St. Luke’s Lutheran School – Oakfield, WI
- St. Matthew’s Lutheran School – Stoddard, WI
- St. Paul’s Lutheran School – Fort Atkinson, WI